12.11.2009

Friday (!)

I've been on enough airplane rides to know the rules of safety: exit strategy, staying in my seat, use of floatation devices, etc. But the rule I like best is what to do when there is a dramatic drop in cabin air pressure. In that event, air masks will drop in front of your face. And, if you are with a child, you are to put your mask on first. Why? Of course you know why - so you can then have the wherewithal to help your child.

Sort of like taking care of yourself first so that you can care for others. Being good to yourself first so that you can be good to others. I think it's quite a Godly idea. How can you love until you first know how much you are loved? How can you forgive until you realize that God has forgiven you?

In John 13:34 Jesus tells us to love one another as he has loved us. This Christmas season I want to make a suggestion that may seem selfish. Be good to yourself. Enjoy being you. Soak up the Father's love. Remember that Christ came for you. Let God whisper in your ear, You are my beloved child. I am so happy with you!

And hey - don't forget the person in the seat next to you.

Yours in Christ,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment