11.09.2009

Monday (!)

Yesterday I was waist deep in leaves. My neighbot lent me his leaf blower... probably so my leaves wouldn't blow all over his lawn. It's an amazing tool. One-hundred and sixty mph wind created to blow leaves into a 4 foot high pile. But after 2 hours the leaves were in the woods.

I would love for no more leaves to fall but they do. Seems they will not be stopped. Fall will not be stopped.

Our lives go through seasons, too. And while autumn is beautiful to behold, it signals the coming onset of winter and the dormancy of life. Fall and Winter seem to be nature's preparation for new life, new beginnings. So it is with us and the seasons of our lives. Seasons as necessary as the seasons in nature. God is Lord of both. And through the seasons God has purpose in his creation, particularly in you and me.

Right now some folks are in the autumn of their lives when God shall give rest to their souls and life everlasting to their spirits. Some are in the autumn of their lives as their situation seems lifeless. But let us not despair. God is at work in his creation. Like the farmers around here know so well. God is the author of life. Those who live and believe in me, says Jesus, will [in actuality] never die (John 11).
George