6.04.2013

Too Fast

I watch my dog, Lucy, eat her meals.  She wolfs them down, like she might never see another bowlful of Natural Advantage again.  I watch people eat that way too.  I enjoy seeing people who take a bite and actually put their fork down, not worried that someone will steal it.  Slow eating people are probably healthier too.

In my neighborhood of Foxwood Village, people go too fast.  The speed limit is 15 mph but some folks are just in too much of a hurry to pay attention to any limits.  I am thinking of getting a checkered flag and while I walk I can give the speeders the flag.  Gigi says we haven't lived here long enough to make enemies.

But, really.  Let's take it easy, live in the slow lane once in a while.  Stop and smell the flowers.  Take a moment to just daydream.  Jesus said to not get all worked up about the tomorrows.  I would like to suggest that we not get stressed about the next hour of our life.

Gigi sometimes tells me to slow down when driving so we can take in the scenery.  I get annoyed but that's my problem.

So let's slow down and enjoy the good gifts around us. Maybe summertime is a good time to change the pace a bit and enjoy the presence of God.  You don't even need a Bible to do that.  Just be still and know that God is really God, the God of our lives who even Himself took a Sabbath rest.

Gotta go. Have an appointment.  Have to rush off, sorry.  No, only kidding.  I have the whole evening off.

Blessings
George

No comments:

Post a Comment