3.10.2010

Casting and Going

I have to confess to a degree of pride when people discover I’m going to Haiti. "You’re going WHERE?!" "Oh yeah," I say, "sure, no problem, been lots of times." Some think I’m pretty courageous. But little do they know that inside my head, buzzing like those infamous mosquitos, are a bunch of anxieties and, once in a while, a bit of fear, especially now after the earthquake. Oh, I can recite with the best of them "Cast all your cares on Him" or "Have no anxiety about anything", but the truth is that the anxiety sometimes doesn’t go away. If I let my mind race ahead too far and think about too many things, my anxiety level really goes up.

Deep inside me though, is a much clearer and distinct voice (sort of like DEET for those mosquitos). That voice is God's and He says, "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46). Stop the little battles in your mind and know that I am the God who provides and governs and sustains.

That voice then takes precedence over all other thoughts.

In the midst of the storms comes the voice of the creator – it’s OK, be still, I am with you! Maybe that’s why Jesus said, don’t worry about tomorrow and tomorrow – take it one day at a time.

So at this moment my heart and head are at ease and so fully aware of God’s provision for this trip. Being with friends, going to where it’s warm, being met at the airport by good friends, staying in a secure guest house and much more. It’s gonna be a good trip.

And we will have the blessing of being present as Pastor Agones marries his fiancè Duodeline (pronounced Doodayleen). I will participate in the ceremony and Rory will be the best man. The wedding is March 19th in Port-au-Prince. It’s all good.

Thank you for your prayers and your good works for Haiti. We will bring your greetings.

Yours in Christ,
George

1 comment:

  1. George, Take Psalms 4:8, with you and your group.
    Debbie B.

    ReplyDelete